- Answers scheduling calls.
- Collaborates with physician's office to schedule cases while negotiating date and time and avoiding resource conflicts.
- Gathers complete patient and procedure information and enters data into database. Obtains and advises patients of all necessary pre-certification and referrals needed for financial reimbursement.
- Completes forms and utilizes the necessary software program to determine "medical necessity" prior to scheduling a Medicare patient.
- Informs all patients of pre-registration option and pre-registers all patients when information is obtainable.
- Ensures that all staff, patients, departments, and external resources are notified of additions, changes, and cancellations.
- Verifies all authorization are obtained twenty-four hours before date of service.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Three years departmental experience or three years related experience.
- Frequent physical demands include: Sitting
Occasional physical demands include: Standing , Walking , Climbing (e.g., stairs or ladders) , Carry objects
, Push/Pull , Twisting , Bending , Reaching forward , Reaching overhead ,
Squat/kneel/crawl , Keyboard use/repetitive motion
Continuous physical demands include: Wrist position deviation , Pinching/fine motor activities ,
Talk or Hear
Lifting Floor to Waist 15 lbs. Lifting Waist Level and
Above 10 lbs.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed